Short and sweet, this starter toboggan is ideal for an adult and child, the littlest riders, and the smallest loads. All the quality of our signature toboggans instill the thrill of the ride for beginners. Easy to load and travel with, this is the sled that starts a lifelong love of winter. Perfect for snow days and runs to the woodpile.
IT IS AWESOME ! We will be using it this weekend. It will be the family heirloom that will be passed down.” Bruce - Bishop, CA
The Perfect Piece of Family History
It’s quite simple – we turned back time in the workshop and handcrafted the toboggan of the 1880s. From the authentic half-circle design to the knots of the manila rope and classic linseed oil finish, this is the downhill toboggan legends are made of. Heirloom quality construction for the purist to the modern family.
Fits Three Sledders
- This toboggan sits up to two adults or three children... a very popular size!
- Traditional design proven for downhill sledding and light towing.
- An heirloom to be handed down after a lifetime of memories.
Downhill toboggans emerged in the early 1800's. These toboggans shared many of the same attributes of freighting toboggans, but are marked by a half-circle curl and often different material, largely ash or maple.
A Tribute to the Past
We have reproduced the toboggan of the 1800s to rekindle the simple joys of winter and the holidays - a traditional toboggan offering an authentic design from the 1800s with historically matched materials and a classic linseed oil finish. The result is a beautiful toboggan to be enjoyed for generations!
Our Wood Philosophy
- White Ash is sourced responsibly and purchased directly from a lumber mill.
- Over the decades we have developed partners who invest time in hand selecting "toboggan grade” boards for us which is the highest level of grading in the wood industry.
- Why ash? Our research revealed that original downhill toboggans were largely made of ash or maple which are durable hardwoods that bend easily and offer more vivid grain patterns and definition.
Cultivating Family Tradition
To build the 1800s Toboggan, we had to do a little bit of homework. Studying antique snow sleds and vintage toboggans, we were able to replicate key features which has given our 1800s Toboggan a classic toboggan profile.
The result is one of the best sleds for adults and kids. A timeless piece of snow sports equipment that might last another two hundred years.