We may be biased, but there is no better Northern past time than working in the warmth of your cabin or shop building a family heirloom. Our new wooden toboggan kit makes this pastime available to anyone with a little time and some basic tools!
Northern Toboggan Co is the premier builder of wooden toboggans and sleds. Country Ways has been a supplier of snowshoe and other outdoor kits for over forty years.
In this kit, we leveraged our centuries old principles to design a wood toboggan kit offering that has our standard of quality. We have worked with our Wisconsin lumber supplier to optimize our supply of the highest grade ash. Ash has been the traditional snowshoe and toboggan material in this area for Native Americans and landmen for centuries. It bends well, maintains its integrity, and is aesthetically beautiful.
The Northern Toboggan Kit is designed to empower our customers with the ability to make something meaningful for their families to enjoy for generations.
THIS KIT INCLUDES:
- 5 Bent toboggan boards
- 5 Wooden crosspieces
- 1 Wooden nose crosspiece
- 55 #10 x 1" Stainless Steel wood screws
- 1 Hole drilling template plate
- 1 5/16" diameter long rope
- 2 Short ropes
- 2 Temp.curl hold down wires for assembly
- Complete directions
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 @ Saw horse set
- 2 @ 20" bar/ pipe clamps
- 2 @ "C" or "F" clamps
- 2 @ 2" or larger spring clamps
- 1 @ 24" framing square
- 1 @ Pencil and Tape measure
- 1 @ 9 /64" bit or 13/64" tapered drill bit
- 1 @ 3/8" counter sink or with 13/64" tapered bit
- 1 @ 1/8" and 5/16" drill bits
- 1 @ #2 phillips bit
- 1 @ Assorted sandpaper
- 1 @ Corded or cordless Drill
- 1 @ Electric sander
- 1 @ Circular saw
- 1 @ Hammer