We've heard countless stories of that old toboggan that "fit half the neighborhood". The Family Toboggan comes in just under 8-feet and reminds so many customers of their childhood toboggan stories. Sustainably handcrafted in Northern Minnesota, USA...
“I have never seen anybody selling such high quality hand made toboggans. I will gladly pass along your information to every jealous person who asks where the toboggan is from!"
Bill G. - Oxford, CT
Room for Loved Ones!
This is the one for the whole family, the neighborhood, cousins, and long lost friends. Without sacrificing our hallmark quality, we’ve built this sled measuring nearly eight feet from tip to tail. To be sure, it’s not a toboggan for the faint of heart, but with a sled like this you’ll never have to face the toboggan hill alone.
Toboggan for the Crew
- Three adults or four kids can sit comfortably together, but we’ve heard stories of some folks pushing the limit.
- Family size is our most traditional size toboggan. When you hear about 100+ year old toboggans, this is the size they're talking about.
- Downhill sledding, rides around the yard, light towing and hauling - this toboggan can do it all.
- Overall Length (includes curl) is approximately 93 inches
- Length of Flat is approximately 74 inches
- Width 15.5 inches
- Height (of curl) 15.5 inches
- Weight 26 lbs
Big Toboggan Benefits
- You will enjoy a straight, fast and comfortable ride on the Family size toboggan.
- At nearly 8 feet, we hear from many customers that this represents the toboggan of their childhood when they piled on their "whole neighborhood". Toboggan memories can be like fish stories, growing with each share.
"“When we first got our toboggan, I think the adults had as much or more fun than the kids! We had 6 people across 3 generations on it for its maiden voyage down a hill in Minnetrista. It is pure winter joy and definitely takes you back to the thrill of being a kid. I own 2 of them and have given numerous sleds to clients as gifts. They love them and they are so well made. I don’t think anyone ever regrets buying one of these babies!"
Made to last generations. Our Customers are in it for the Long Haul.
Crafted Responsibly and for a Lifetime
Our Wood Philosophy
- Why red oak? Because of its durability, beauty and natural bending qualities. It was also the preference of the Sled Maker's mentor.
- Our red oak is sourced responsibly and purchased from mills who we have developed partnerships with over the decades. They invest time in hand selecting "toboggan grade” boards for us which is the highest level of grading in the wood industry.
- Full roping is included with each heirloom toboggan.
- The pull rope is a soft but strong double braided nylon.
- The rope around the perimeter of the toboggan is a low-stretch polyester that is weather resistant and proven to last.
- Stainless steel hardware is used in each toboggan.
- A natural looking finish is achieved through using a linseed oil based coating. This is preferred for its beauty, wood preservative qualities, and historical legacy as an outdoor wood finish.
Century Old Tradition
Our Traditional Steam Bending
- We steam bend by hand, in small batches. No chemicals are used in this process.
- We keep in mind that each piece of wood is unique. Each will bend and flex differently requiring true craftmanship.
- This steam bending technique has been passed down for generations.
"It's really wonderful and I know they'll get many years of pleasure from it. I think it will become a family heirloom!"
Alby S. - Centerville, MA
"The toboggan is just as we expected, perfectly crafted and top quality materials. Once again it is an extremely nice product and we will for sure recommend it to friends and family. Thanks again for your prompt service and Happy Holidays."
"I'm very, very impressed with the toboggan. Happy that I decided to make purchase. Keep up the excellent work. Will be sure to let everyone know where it came from. Thank You."