Our Favorite Summertime Over-the-Campfire Meals
Nothing beats sharing a meal over a campfire with your favorite people in the great outdoors. The crisp night air, the moon and stars starting to form in the sky as the sun fades over the horizon, the warm glow of the fire, and the smiles of loved ones. Some of our favorite memories have been shared around the campfire. This month we’re sharing some of our favorite meals to cook fireside as you make those memories. Whether on a camping trip or sitting around a backyard cookout or bonfire, these meals are sure to be crowd pleasers.
This Veggie pizza is one of our staples!
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Bell peppers, chopped or julienned
- Olives, sliced
- Onion, sliced
- Banana peppers, sliced (can also use hot peppers in addition to or in lieu of)
- Fresh spinach or arugula
Another favorite to share is a Hobo Potato Pack.
- Red potatoes
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic cloves
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
It’s hard to sit around a fire without having a sweet treat to share. When you think campfire dessert you most often think of the classic s’more.
The concept behind a banana boat is simple. Take a banana with its peel still on and cut it down the middle (along the concave side). Not all the way through, but until the tip of your knife just grazes the peel on the other side. You can then pull the peel and banana slightly apart.
- CLASSIC S’MORES: Banana + Milk Chocolate + Mini Marshmallows + Crumbled Graham Crackers
- STRAWBERRY HAZELNUT: Banana + Strawberries + Nutella + Chopped Hazelnuts
- SAMOAS: Banana + Chocolate Chips + Caramel Sauce + Toasted Coconut
- DULCE DE LECHE: Banana + Chocolate + Dulce de Leche sauce + Coconut shreds
- VEGAN: Banana + Dark Chocolate + Dandies Mini Marshmallows
- PB & C: Banana + Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chips
- PECAN PRALINE: Banana + Pralines + Dark Chocolate
What are your favorite meals to share fireside? Whether in your backyard or on a camping adventure, we invite you to get outdoors and explore. A meal shared around the campfire helps you to slow down and soak up the sweet moments with your favorite people and create lasting memories.