Traditional Wooden Pull Sled. Sustainably handcrafted in Northern Minnesota, USA.
“The kids received their sled today for Christmas. I cannot believe how happy they were to have such a nicely built sled! Thank you!"
The Child’s Pull Sled is one of our most iconic products.
There’s something heart-warming about it . . . a baby enjoying their first rides through the snow or a toddler proudly pulling a sled on their own. Our handcrafted wooden Child's Pull Sled is the winter equivalent of a red-wagon. At only 10 pounds, it moves easily across the ground. This timeless piece is great for taking family winter walks and for introducing your smallest family members to the joys of sledding.
"Thanks, Northern Toboggan Company! Vienna (Lovie) loves her new toboggan bought by her grandparents, Mike and Connie"
Made to last generations. Our customers are in it for the long haul.
Crafted Responsibly and for a Lifetime
Our Wood Philosophy
- Why red oak? Because of its durability, beauty and natural bending qualities. It was also the preference of the Sled Maker's mentor.
- Our red oak is sourced responsibly and purchased from mills who we have developed partnerships with over the decades. They invest time in hand selecting "toboggan grade” boards for us which is the highest level of grading in the wood industry.
- Stainless steel hardware is used in each toboggan.
- A natural looking finish is achieved through using a linseed oil based coating. This is preferred for its beauty, wood preservative qualities, and historical legacy as an outdoor wood finish.
- Overall Length is 36 inches
- Width is 16.5 inches
- Height is 11 inches
- Total Weight 10 lbs
Keep your littles warm on those heavenly brisk winter walks
- Red and Blue Buntings available
- Hand sewn in Minnesota
- Plenty of room to wrap your little adventurer with additional blankets for staying warm
Made with love and longevity in mind
Our Traditional Steam Bending
- We steam bend by hand, in small batches. No chemicals are used in this process.
- We keep in mind that each piece of wood is unique. Each will bend and flex differently requiring true craftmanship.
- This steam bending technique has been passed down for generations.
Free Shipping in the U.S. to the Lower 48 - Custom Shipping quotes for Canada and Alaska
We work hard to find good shipping partners with affordable rates for our customers.