Functionally brilliant, our 4-foot toboggan is a great "winter wagon" to pull your little loved ones AND for world-class downhill sledding. Sustainably handcrafted in Northern Minnesota, USA.
Room for Loved Ones!
Short and sweet, this starter toboggan is ideal for an adult and child, the littlest riders, and the smallest loads. Easy to load and travel with, this is the sled that starts a lifelong love of winter. Perfect for snow days and runs to the woodpile.
Toboggan for Two
- This toboggan sits up to two children or one adult and child.
- Perfect for pulling your littles on a winter walk or coasting down your favorite sledding hill.
- The compact size of the Junior Classic Wood Toboggan makes it one of our best sleds for kids. Its lighter weight and shorter length make it easier to handle when compared to the larger Classic or Family size toboggans.
- The Junior Classic gives you the complete winter sledding experience in a smaller package.
- Overall Length (includes curl) is approximately 47 inches
- Length of Flat is approximately 36 inches
- Width 15.5 inches
- Height (of curl) 10 inches
- Weight 16 lbs
"We’ve pulled all three of our kids in the Junior Classic across the Minneapolis lakes and around the neighborhood. It’s been a great way to get them acquainted with sledding and to help them embrace winter at a young age. For a little sled, it’s sturdy and our kids stay in it, regardless of the terrain. The red cushion acts as an insulation layer and helps keep them warm. There’s nothing cuter than little kids with red cheeks in a little red sled around the holidays!”
Made to last generations. Our Customers are in it for the Long Haul.
Crafted Responsibly and for a Lifetime
Our Wood Philosophy
- Why red oak? Because of its durability, beauty and natural bending qualities. It was also the preference of the Sled Maker's mentor.
- Our red oak is sourced responsibly and purchased from mills who we have developed partnerships with over the decades. They invest time in hand selecting "toboggan grade” boards for us which is the highest level of grading in the wood industry.
- Full roping is included with each heirloom toboggan.
- The pull rope is a soft but strong double braided nylon.
- The rope around the perimeter of the toboggan is a low-stretch polyester that is weather resistant and proven to last.
- Stainless steel hardware is used in each toboggan.
- A natural looking finish is achieved through using a linseed oil based coating. This is preferred for its beauty, wood preservative qualities, and historical legacy as an outdoor wood finish.
Our Traditional Steam Bending
- We steam bend by hand, in small batches. No chemicals are used in this process.
- We keep in mind that each piece of wood is unique. Each will bend and flex differently requiring true craftmanship.
- This steam bending technique has been passed down for generations.
"I just wanted to say thank you for getting the toboggan made and sent to us by Xmas! Wow, we had a blast and were lucky to get some snow. Attached are some photos—as you can see, it was truly fun for the whole family and really was a big hit over the holiday! Again, many thanks. We can’t wait 'til our next outing with the sled!"